Website Care Program Contract
The Website Care Program is a month-to-month contract for Jones & Jones Advertising to provide ongoing services for your website. Ongoing maintenance of your website for backups, updates, licenses, support, security and any edits crucial to your website’s success. Do to the nature of technology and content management systems, monitoring these aspects is a necessity.
Cancel any time– everything is month to month (but you do pre-pay each month’s service).
What does the Website Care Program cover?
Hosting. Your website will be hosted on Jones & Jones Advertising’s cloud servers so that it can be delivered to users around the world. Our servers are some of the fastest in the industry and have 99.9% uptime.
Security. Like any software, your website could be vulnerable to hackers and viruses. Our premium security platforms help protect your site against attacks that can infect and destroy your website. This paired with off-site backups is the best plan you can have in place to ensure your website is secure.
Website & Database Backups. Included in the Website Care Program are scheduled backups- so you’ll never lose a thing. Technology is fickle at times, but should anything go wrong, we can have your site back up and running in minutes.
Software Updates. Most content management systems (CMS), especially open-sourced software like WordPress, are frequently updated for functionality and security. While these updates happen sporadically, Jones & Jones Advertising will download and install updates once a month (excluding crucial security updates, which will be installed as they become available). Updates will include any 3rd party plugins, software or applications.
Licenses. Your site likely uses 3rd party plugins that are licensed to Jones & Jones Advertising via a GPL license which allows us to use our license on your site. With our Website Care Program you can retain the use of our license to ensure all updates to any of our roster of plugins. If you choose to forgo the Website Care Program, the licenses for these plugins will be removed from your website but you will retain the functionality of the plugins up to the date the license was removed. You can acquire your own license for any of these plugins. For more information on what plugins you have and where they can be purchased, please email [email protected]. It’s possible not ALL of your licenses will be covered under your maintenance plan. If Jones & Jones Advertising has purchased a license that is for your use only we will inform you of what the renewal fees will be (otherwise assume we have it all covered!).
Analytics. Our Website Care Program members will receive access to a Google Analytics dashboard. Google Analytics allow you to track the usage of your website including visits, page views, demographics, traffic acquisition, and much more.
Maintenance. It is likely that as time goes by you will want to make changes to your website. Jones & Jones Advertising’s hourly rate to make changes is $100.00 per hour. Website Care Program members will receive three “30-Minute-Tasks” every month. This could include copy change, edits to photographs, or any other website change that can be done in 30 minutes or less. Any request that goes beyond the 30-minute cap will be billed at a discounted hourly rate of $75 per hour.
What the Website Care Program Plan does NOT cover.
- Any edit to your page that requires more than 30 minutes. Website Care Program members receive a discounted hourly rate of $70 per hour for any work that takes longer than 30 minutes.
- The Website Care Program does not include any graphic design. Any creation of ads, flyers, logos or graphics will be billed at our hourly rate of $100.00 per hour.
- The Website Care Program does not cover any social media management, directory listings (such as Google, Yahoo, Yelp, etc).
- Domain registration is not included in your Website Care Program package. Domains are typically registered annually. We can handle that fee and registration for you, but you will be billed accordingly.
- Ongoing Search Engine Optimization monitoring and strategy.
- If your website hacked beyond the length of backups we have to restore a safe copy, we will work with you to find a company to remove any viruses—but we will not be held liable to any damages or responsible to pay for virus removal.
Your Website Care Program invoice will be automatically issued on the same day every month. The invoice is due upon receipt. After 15 days of non-payment you will receive a notice of past-due invoice. After 30 days your hosting account will be shut down and you will have an additional 30 days to ask for a backup of your site. In order to restore service you will have to get current on all bills, and setup automatic drafts for each month’s bill. After 90 days late payment you will no longer be eligible for the Website Care Program and we will not be required to provide you with a backup of your site. You can request a backup at any time.
Termination of Services
Your Website Care Program enrollment is a month-to-month agreement, in the event that you terminate services you will have two options.
- Request, in writing, a copy of your entire website backup so that you can store it safely. You will lose your hosting, security, plugin/software licenses, and your website will no longer receive any backups, updates, or monitoring from Jones & Jones Advertising. If at any point in the future you want to resume your Website Care Program you will be quoted with our current rate(s) and you will be assessed a $75 activation fee to resume services.
- Request that Jones & Jones Advertising archives your project at $11 per month. This will take your website offline, but we will retain a backup copy and will waive any activation fee to resume services in the future.5