Website visitors aren’t that different from customers’ that visit a store. Visitors peek at each new page, skim some of the content, and click on the first link that is of interest or slightly resembles the information they’re looking for. In most cases, large parts of the page don’t even get look at.
Most website visitors search for something useful and clickable; as soon as it’s found they click it. If the new page doesn’t have what they are looking for, the visitor will leave or with any luck, the back button is used and the search begins again.
- Website visitors want quality and credibility. If a website provides viewers with quality content, they will engage with the site for a longer time. This is the reason websites with high-quality content gain a lot of traffic. Content is very important for your site’s SEO and when combined with great site design with HTML or our favorite WordPress that supports it, delivered on a fast managed WordPress hosting server (we recommend WPEngine*) traffic will grow.
- Visitors don’t read websites, they scan. When a viewer arrives at the website they search for some points of interests to guide them through the content of the page.
- Web users need instant gratification. If a site isn’t able to meet users’ expectations the more likely you are to lose them. The more you expect your viewer to figure out and the less intuitive is the navigation, the more willing your potential customers are to leave the website and search for alternatives.
- Visitors don’t make the best choices. Viewers don’t look for the fastest way to find the information they’re looking for. Neither do they scan web pages sequentially from one site section to another one. Instead, users usually choose the first reasonable option. As soon as they find a link that seems like it might deliver results, there is a very good chance that it will be clicked without hesitation. Optimizing a website takes a long time. by optimizing your site for the visitor it will become more satisfying and keep them coming back.
- Visitors follow their intuition. In most instances, visitors just muddle through instead of reading the information that has been provided. If your audience is going to act like you’re designing a tri-fold brochure for them, then design great “tri-fold.”
We see a lot of cookie cutter website designs in the Vero Beach, Sebastian and the Fort Pierce area. Jones & Jones Advertising creates distinctive website designs that engage the visitor, this is what we do every day! Call us to learn how we can help you with your custom HTML, or WordPress website.